Time is Never Enough
Being a full-time student can be really difficult since it’s very hard to find spare time for everything that you need to do. It isn’t easy completing your homework and having free time for yourself. In most cases, a student has no choice but to sacrifice their sleep. Things can get even worse when you have children, a full-time job, or both. In any case, you can have a lot of difficulties and stress if your time consumption isn’t balanced.
One of the major problems with having an unbalanced lifestyle is overload. You may have to deal with a lot of demands, many roles, and you might feel as if you can’t do any of those roles effectively. People can also feel role strain. In this case, you may feel as if one of your roles is difficult to meet because of another role you have to play at the same time. It isn’t a big issue when this happens infrequently, but when both of the roles conflict, it can cause a ton of strife.
Some Signals that Your Life May Lack Balance. Those are:
- Being tired all the time.
- Getting sick often.
- Feeling that you don’t have control over your choices.
- Being irritable in nature.
- Lowered interest in activities.
Whenever we feel out of balance, we try to “Work Harder” to set things straight. This may involve working for longer periods and sacrificing one’s sleep yet again. This may work for a short period, but if this keeps going on, it will only cause you more exhaustion. Too much of this imbalance can lead to prolonged illness, or even… well, maybe it’s not that serious.
How to Create or Restore Balance in your Life:
- You need to be realistic about time.
- When you seem to be rushing, slow down, and calm yourself by taking deep breaths.
- Learn to reject activities that will take away your strength.
- Talk and negotiate. You can find flexibility in schedules, deadlines, or demands if you look for them.
- Keep track of your time. Know when you are busiest so that you can adjust your activities accordingly.
- It’s okay to ask for help, but it is also a risk for you. You must trust another person and accept how they choose to complete the job you gave them. This is called delegation.
- Take at least half an hour out for yourself. Do whatever allows you to relax.
Some of Signs having Balance in Your Life:
- You have satisfaction with your life. You’re satisfied with your work and relationships.
- You are fulfilling all of your responsibilities.
- You are fit and healthy (physically, emotionally, and spiritually).
- You have a sense of control. You make your own decisions.
- People like being around you and your relationships are meaningful.
- You have time for yourself. You have fun when you want to have fun.
He’s a university student with a cluster of thoughts that he loves to write down.