- They are just trying to make money.
- They are selling the same thing every other person just trying to make money is selling.
- They don’t know how dangerous their affiliate links look on their YouTube video that has 4 views.
- They aren’t trying to deliver value to people as much as they are just trying to make a sale.
- They are not a sales professional.
- They are not a leader.
- Not only do they not have the ambition to follow through after they try getting rich quick, people can sense it.
- The biggest reason though… they don’t give it enough time. Most people just, point blank, give up – at most everything that doesn’t keep them cozy. Affiliate marketing should be treated like any other business.
There are plenty of ways to make money in affiliate marketing. But most people lose sight of what an exchange of value means. Simply put, if you are not giving me valuable education, information, or reasoning behind clicking your links to make you money, it will be difficult to make a sale.
This is why I believe active affiliate programs are easier. You can control your sales when you are actively selling products for another brand a lot easier than passive links that no one may see or click.
CEO of SmartrHoldings and SmartrMarketing
International best-selling author.
Published on Forbes, Quora, and many more popular online publications.